Uploading a new theme to WordPress
Posted on February 4, 2018 | http://p0wel.ly/s
One of the great things about WordPress is the number of themes you can use to completely change the look at feel of the website. Within WordPress there are a huge number of free themes that you can install with just a couple of clicks. The problem with free themes is that understandable the quality varies… a lot. Personally I’ve always found that the investment in time you put into a free theme never makes up for the cost of a commercial them from sites like Theme Forrest or my personal favourite Divi from Elegant themes which I include in my DIY Website Package.
If you buy a theme from one of these sites you’ll most likely be given access to a ZIP file containing everything you need to upload the theme to your site, but how do you do that? well it’s easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
1. From your WordPress dashboard click on [Appearance] then [Themes].
2. Up at the top of the screen click the [Add New] button.
3. Then click [Upload Theme]
4. Click on [Choose File].
5. Browse to where you have saved your “Zip file”, select the file and click [Open].
6. Click [Install Now]
7. Depending on how your hosting is configured you may be asked for you FTP details, If you are enter then and click [Proceed].
8. WordPress will now go through a few steps to install the theme, this can take a few minutes.
9. Once installed click the “Activate” link.
10. Your theme is now installed and ready to use.
Andy Powell is a website specialist with 20 years experience, he is also the founder of Hack Oldham, a non profit co-working and maker space, a digital trainer and a maker of things.
If you found this post useful you could show you're appreciation by buying me a coffee. echo wp_get_shortlink()?>