GDPR compliant email sign up with MailChimp and Gravity Forms
Posted on July 30, 2018 | http://p0wel.ly/31
1 . Go to [Forms] [Add-Ons] and install the MailChimp Add-On
2. In your MailChimp account go to [Account] [Extras] and then [API Keys]
5. In your form, if you haven’t already done so add an email field, and then directly under that add a Checkbox
This is where GDPR really comes into play, there are 2 points that you really need to take into consideration.
- Is it clear that the visitor is opting in to your email newsletter. (This can not be checked by default)
- It has to be optional, you must not stop your visitor using your service if they choose not to sign in.
6. From the form Settings menu select [MailChimp]
8. Give your feed a name and choose the list you want to add new subscribers to
9. Match your form fields to the fields in MailChimp.
Andy Powell is a website specialist with 20 years experience, he is also the founder of Hack Oldham, a non profit co-working and maker space, a digital trainer and a maker of things.
If you found this post useful you could show you're appreciation by buying me a coffee. echo wp_get_shortlink()?>